Skip to main content

Take it to the Journal

 In our Intentional Creativity practices and classes, we often suggest, 'take it to the journal' especially when feeling stuck or seeking insights. 

For decades, I've kept journals with lots of words, and sketchbooks ... in our Intentional Creativity process we combine the two, and use art and color to assist processing and integration. 

Healed Enough journal

Simple composition books make a great base for these creative journals, and is fun to decorate the covers, as we did in school! Another option is a sketchbook with blank pages - choose something you'll enjoy using! 

 Simple art materials suffice and add interest - washi tape, markers, inexpensive paint, old magazines for collage, tools for making patterns, oil pastels, mod podge and glitter are fun ways to add color and movement. 

This is a great place to record your intention, ideas and insights that arise during a class or project. 

At times I participate in a friend's EFT tapping group sessions. In one on business, one of our inquiries was around being successful - what fears arose when we thought of having more clients? 

We tapped around being busier, and that it's OK- and important - to set boundaries as well as intentions! The leader shared that she liked talking time to meditate and enjoy her coffee in the morning, (morning cafe!) After she decided not to set appointments during that time for herself, she got busier! 

How can you Weave in more time for self care?

Color Splash calendar spread








I enjoy doing a monthly calendar spread with my goals, events and self care splashed about, "popcorn" style. Some are specific to the month, while others are ongoing (hosting monthly Red Thread Circles, painting, blogging, movement classes) 

Pockets can be folded from paper or colorful envelopes, to hold ideas and affirmations. I keep one for gardening, and generally begin a new Juju Journal when I embark on a project or class. 

Year of the Yin Rabbit 

I may include the Red Thread from a circle, intention I've set, my word of the year, insight cards, inspirational pictures and ideas, and neurodoodles.

This month, I'm a cofacilitator the February Resetting Your Space as a Living Altar group, and am using my journal for planning and recording tips and insights. I'll add my musings on the prompts as we go, and draw from my gleaning in my new space. 

Is Journaling one of your tools?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connection and Purpose

 Being human is a dance of finding balance between our connections and our own unique spark, our place and purpose. In Okinawa, home of more centenarians than most other areas of the globe, discovering one's purpose is a key factor to well being, and is called Ikigai. When we align with our values and purpose, we are more content in good times, and resilient in times of stress. This in turn leads to enhanced health.  Other factors that promote well being and healing include enjoying a mainly whole foods diet (with a preponderance of local foods, fresh when possible), moving throughout the day, spending time outside, connections with friends and family, and engaging in creative pursuits.   For nearly 40 years I've been engaged in Healing Arts as a Licensed Massage Therapist, and added many complimentary tools to my Medicine Basket, including Reiki, Lightwork, shamanic teachings, Qigong, Tai Chi and Breema; and harmonic healing - including both therapeutic harp and Tuning forks.

Tune Up Time

For nearly 20 years, I've included tuning forks in a number of frequencies in my sessions, and healing harp for 30.  Sound and vibration in many forms can help restore balance and effect healing.  My harmonic tool kit includes Harp, drums, rattles, native American flute, Tibetan bowls and both weighted and unweighted forks. In 2005, I took the  Acutonics  basic practitioner training, & found a set of 'Intention Tuners' on e-bay, from a practitioner who was switching fields -  serendipity!  Vibrational healing pairs well with on body massage or Reiki, and  Lightweaving  which is done off the body. I use both weighted and unweighted forks during recent sessions, with great results! One long time client & friend told her husband 'That was the  BEST  massage I've ever received!'  "In water and watery solids, such as the human body, sound travels over 4x faster in the form of photons or sonic shear waves. As the sound emanating from tuning forks strikes

Happy Mail

 Yay - that was quick!! I placed my order Sunday, and here it is! I'm a Virgo, and true to form, I have long been interested in health and practices that support it.  I followed instructions in a little book on yoga on HS, and began taking movement classes by the my late 20s  (ballet, and a few years after that, Tai Chi)  My dad always had a garden, and we got whole raw milk from the dairy next door.  I continued gardening, eating whole foods, making my own bread and yogurt (still from raw milk), supplemented with vitamins and  minerals from my 20s.  For most of my supplements, I buy off the shelf or order from the office where I offer massage Reiki and holistic sessions ... but needed more of the  Niacinamide  for my joints, and wanted to try a time release formula. I discovered Niacinamide's use for arthritis this spring, as I was experiencing some pain and stiffness in my right hand, after breaking my wrist in a fall last summer.  New Supplements! In the 30s and 40s, Dr Kauf