Skip to main content

Tune Up Time

For nearly 20 years, I've included tuning forks in a number of frequencies in my sessions, and healing harp for 30.  Sound and vibration in many forms can help restore balance and effect healing. 

My harmonic tool kit includes Harp, drums, rattles, native American flute, Tibetan bowls and both weighted and unweighted forks.


In 2005, I took the Acutonics basic practitioner training, & found a set of 'Intention Tuners' on e-bay, from a practitioner who was switching fields -  serendipity! 

Vibrational healing pairs well with on body massage or Reiki, and Lightweaving which is done off the body. I use both weighted and unweighted forks during recent sessions, with great results! One long time client & friend told her husband 'That was the BEST massage I've ever received!' 

"In water and watery solids, such as the human body, sound travels over 4x faster in the form of photons or sonic shear waves. As the sound emanating from tuning forks strikes the body's skin interface, complex electrical & photon interactions take place that can alter tissue dielectric properties including altering various acupuncture meridians. ...." (xiv - in Dr Karl H. Maret's forward to Tuning the Human Biofield)

One explanation for why/how tuning forks work: "teeny reciprocal tuning forks on each cell membrane, producing either incoherent or coherent frequencies, 'changing their tune,' as it were, when bathed in coherent sound." (P 39) 

In 'Tuning the Human Biofield' sound healer
Eileen McKusick writes: "Sound balancing is a therapeutic method that makes use of the frequencies produced by tuning forks to detect and correct distortions and imbalances within the biomagnetic energy field, or biofield, that surrounds the human body." (p1)
I love her image of a 'mail slot' type experience, where information on how to proceed comes in, as though 'a mail slot in the back of the head randomly opens, & a note drops in.' I often experience this during healing or creative sessions - the information is just there!

This winter I added several longer (lower tone) Schumann Resonance weighted forks, and another set of unweighted to my collection, and am exploring ways to use them in sessions. 
New forks and striker

In the 90s, on my way to a workshop on Music for Healing and Transition, I stayed the night with friends, and played harp for them.  One practices animal communication, and told me their older dog 'asked,' "Is that another way Nadya talks? It makes my whole body feel good!" 

Yes! 
That's another way I talk! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connection and Purpose

 Being human is a dance of finding balance between our connections and our own unique spark, our place and purpose. In Okinawa, home of more centenarians than most other areas of the globe, discovering one's purpose is a key factor to well being, and is called Ikigai. When we align with our values and purpose, we are more content in good times, and resilient in times of stress. This in turn leads to enhanced health.  Other factors that promote well being and healing include enjoying a mainly whole foods diet (with a preponderance of local foods, fresh when possible), moving throughout the day, spending time outside, connections with friends and family, and engaging in creative pursuits.   For nearly 40 years I've been engaged in Healing Arts as a Licensed Massage Therapist, and added many complimentary tools to my Medicine Basket, including Reiki, Lightwork, shamanic teachings, Qigong, Tai Chi and Breema; and harmonic healing - including both therapeutic harp and Tuning forks.

Happy Mail

 Yay - that was quick!! I placed my order Sunday, and here it is! I'm a Virgo, and true to form, I have long been interested in health and practices that support it.  I followed instructions in a little book on yoga on HS, and began taking movement classes by the my late 20s  (ballet, and a few years after that, Tai Chi)  My dad always had a garden, and we got whole raw milk from the dairy next door.  I continued gardening, eating whole foods, making my own bread and yogurt (still from raw milk), supplemented with vitamins and  minerals from my 20s.  For most of my supplements, I buy off the shelf or order from the office where I offer massage Reiki and holistic sessions ... but needed more of the  Niacinamide  for my joints, and wanted to try a time release formula. I discovered Niacinamide's use for arthritis this spring, as I was experiencing some pain and stiffness in my right hand, after breaking my wrist in a fall last summer.  New Supplements! In the 30s and 40s, Dr Kauf