Skip to main content

Color of Healing

  We had a great RT circle call today, where we worked with a fusion of the Color of Healing process I learned in a massage workshop 39 years ago, the practice from a recent PRISMA practioner session with Dr Mary Mccrystal, and added neurolines at the end!

Several of the participants had recent surgeries, some had chronic pain or other Health issues, and one had a massage earlier in the day, which always leaves her sore!

We Began with a body centered meditation and breath, noticing our bodies and areas of discomfort.
Focus of the opening reading was Joy, and our RT inquiry was to share name and land acknowledgment, then something that brought joy/ they were grateful for.
Then I introduced the practice:

Color of Healing

🌟 with eyes closed, choose the first color
⭐ We drew the simple 'gingerbread style body outline first, then areas in pain/ needing attention
🌟 with that first or another intuitive color, drew a reverb/ energy field around the body, and I mentioned the African Healer Eric Vormanns' teaching that the field needs to heal when there has been physical damage (a burn, cut or surgery)
⭐ then free drawing (eyes open to choose colors) to 'Color away the pain' for 10+ minutes

🌈 I invited them to hold their water or tea, and 'beam rainbows' into it, another teaching from Eric. And remember to breathe!

Color Dance with neurolines

🌟 After coloring, I showed how to add neurolines and round corners, to soothe and make body mind connection. 
⭐ Our last step was adding the thicker Field Lines, to help hold the energy shift, and rounding those crossings.

Then those who wished to shared their drawings and insights. 

When I first introduced this color healing practice to my Sr Exercise class in the 80s, participants were amazed to discover something so simple helped reduce pain! 

The feedback years later was the same - one gal had a recent abdominal surgery, and felt an intensification of pain part way through - which we encouraged her to breathe into - and by the end of the 90 Minute circle, the pain had dissipated, and she felt much better.

The gal who'd received a massage earlier felt supported by the coloring practice, and she felt better than she generally does post massage!

Those with chronic pain also felt relief.

Several shared what the colors and shapes meant to them, one had barbed wire circling her body, 'but that's good! It's keeping bad things out!'

As always, I encouraged journaling about their insights, and continue with their drawing/ painting if they wanted.
They have the option of doing a second drawing of the other side, or include issues front and back on this one. 

Other healers in the group offered tips as well - conscious breathing, taking an Epsom Salt bath (or foot soak) and going outside/ connecting with nature.

This is a great process to repeat occasionally, and observe experiences!

Suggested materials are printer paper or journal and crayons, colored Pencils, markers.  

I used Neocolor 2 and a blue marker, after doing the first outline with a colored pencil. One gal worked in watercolor.

All seemed to enjoy and benefit from the session, and their invited to post in our FB Group (Ted Thread Creatives)
The second drawing was my practice drawing for this session.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connection and Purpose

 Being human is a dance of finding balance between our connections and our own unique spark, our place and purpose. In Okinawa, home of more centenarians than most other areas of the globe, discovering one's purpose is a key factor to well being, and is called Ikigai. When we align with our values and purpose, we are more content in good times, and resilient in times of stress. This in turn leads to enhanced health.  Other factors that promote well being and healing include enjoying a mainly whole foods diet (with a preponderance of local foods, fresh when possible), moving throughout the day, spending time outside, connections with friends and family, and engaging in creative pursuits.   For nearly 40 years I've been engaged in Healing Arts as a Licensed Massage Therapist, and added many complimentary tools to my Medicine Basket, including Reiki, Lightwork, shamanic teachings, Qigong, Tai Chi and Breema; and harmonic healing - including both therapeutic harp and Tuning forks.

Tune Up Time

For nearly 20 years, I've included tuning forks in a number of frequencies in my sessions, and healing harp for 30.  Sound and vibration in many forms can help restore balance and effect healing.  My harmonic tool kit includes Harp, drums, rattles, native American flute, Tibetan bowls and both weighted and unweighted forks. In 2005, I took the  Acutonics  basic practitioner training, & found a set of 'Intention Tuners' on e-bay, from a practitioner who was switching fields -  serendipity!  Vibrational healing pairs well with on body massage or Reiki, and  Lightweaving  which is done off the body. I use both weighted and unweighted forks during recent sessions, with great results! One long time client & friend told her husband 'That was the  BEST  massage I've ever received!'  "In water and watery solids, such as the human body, sound travels over 4x faster in the form of photons or sonic shear waves. As the sound emanating from tuning forks strikes

Happy Mail

 Yay - that was quick!! I placed my order Sunday, and here it is! I'm a Virgo, and true to form, I have long been interested in health and practices that support it.  I followed instructions in a little book on yoga on HS, and began taking movement classes by the my late 20s  (ballet, and a few years after that, Tai Chi)  My dad always had a garden, and we got whole raw milk from the dairy next door.  I continued gardening, eating whole foods, making my own bread and yogurt (still from raw milk), supplemented with vitamins and  minerals from my 20s.  For most of my supplements, I buy off the shelf or order from the office where I offer massage Reiki and holistic sessions ... but needed more of the  Niacinamide  for my joints, and wanted to try a time release formula. I discovered Niacinamide's use for arthritis this spring, as I was experiencing some pain and stiffness in my right hand, after breaking my wrist in a fall last summer.  New Supplements! In the 30s and 40s, Dr Kauf